Pages

Monday, July 7, 2014

Summer 2014 Week 4- July 4th Weekend

So once again this week was a bit different. (I seem to say that a lot, huh!) ;) We didn't stick to our normal routine much because of some things that we had going on but we did manage to combine our Make it Monday with Bucket List Tuesday!

Let me just say that this was a complete disaster. It all could have been avoided if my impatience wasn't an issue! I didn't want to wait and prewash the fabric so the dye wouldn't hardly even soak into the fabric. Then I didn't buy gloves and just thought it would come off my hands...big fat lie. And then I didn't let them dry all the way before washing and so the white ended up being a little purple. I clearly have big problems with patience. But it was a fun lesson!
 
Addy and I had a blast getting ourselves all festive! She was the brains behind the pattern choices!
On Thursday afternoon we headed to Bradley's brothers place in Graham.
 
My sweet readers were ready for the road trip!
Thursday night was filled with catching up and eating some amazing food!
Then Friday morning we got up and headed to the Graham parade...in our matching shirts! They really did turn out good considering all my mess ups!
 
 
 
 
After everyone caught a nap...and got woke up thanks to Miss Elli...
We headed to Possum Kingdom lake for the evening!

First the big kids decided to go in for a dip.
 
But the littles were perfectly happy digging in the sand.
Elli found her favorite spot in the drivers seat of the golf cart!
 
There was some fishing...with no luck.
 
and kite flying...also with no luck! :)
I must say that these Anderle brothers can usually pull pretty much anything off with success...but keeping the kites in the air just wasn't working for them!
 
Then we headed over to shoot some fireworks! Again I was just using my phone so pics are bad, but it was fun for all!
Addy and Cooper got to help shoot a lot of them off...and then sat back and enjoyed the bigger ones that the daddies shot off.

 
We shot off crazy amounts of fireworks for several hours. It was way, way late by the time we called it a night. The kids were passed out in no time and the adults stayed up even later just enjoying the peace and quiet and each others company!

I am so blessed to be a part of this fun family! I did terrible getting shots of everyone but we are so glad we spent the weekend with you all...and missed the rest of the crew!

No comments:

Post a Comment