Pages

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Look Who's Talking!

I was 100% percent, undeniable called Mama today by Addy! We have been working on mama and dada a lot lately playing a game where I pat me and say Mama, and then her say Addy. We pat "Mama's head, Addy's head. Mama's nose, Addy's nose." Addy has been showing clues that she understands that my name is Mama, but it is still usually followed by other babbling. This morning getting her dressed, Bradley had came in and started talking to us and she looked at him and said, 'dada dada.' Then she looked at me and said, 'mama.' It seemed pretty obvious that she was testing out this theory, so of course we played our game with all three of our names. Then about ten minutes later Bradley was holding her trying to get ready to go. I walked in the bathroom and she lunged at me and clear as day said, "MAMA!" Bradley and I got pretty darn excited at the clarity of her words! Of course that made me one estatic Mama! I am loving every new thing that little girl throws at us! She is learning so fast.

Remember how Addy told you how much she was hating baths? Well, I will be honest and say that I have been awful about giving them to her because it is so hard with her crying through it all. Well after a few nights of dirtiness, tonight had to be bath night. Well we luckly had picked up some bubbles at Target (my new love affair). She had a lot of fun watching them fall down in her water, and even tried to catch them. We had smiles all around once again. I am very relieved that my child will not have to stink every night anymore and can return to a sweet lavendar smell! MMMMmmmm!
We had a wonderful weekend! My parents and sister Hannah were in. My dad, Bradley, and brother-in-law Scott had to reroof our shop, so they didn't have quite as much fun as the girls did! It was great visiting and playing around with my family. Unfortunately, my camera never left the contents of my purse the whole weekend while they were here! I really need to get better about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment