Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Home Sweet Home!!!

We got to come home on Saturday around noon. Over Friday night they were able to turn her oxygen down slowly and evenually off. We had an awesome nurse that night that came in every thirty minutes to check on her and adjust the oxygen as needed!! She had her last steriod by IV at ten on Saturday. We are SO glad to be home. It has been a super long week of no sleep and lots of stress. I didn't realize how much stress I had built up over the week until last night when I finally relaxed and laid down in my own bed! I realized that my muscles were so tight and sore. We still had a rough night. Addy is coughing so much that she has trouble sleeping. Also she doesn't sleep through the breathing treatments at all. She is still getting them every four hours. She is breathing good and is pretty happy. She is still tired and wore out. She has a big welp on the side of her face where the oxygen tube was taped on all week. It looks terrrible, but is already improving.
This week has seemed a little surreal. I forgot that there was a world outside of that hospital...my whole world was inside it. I cannot even imagine children that have extended stays in the hospital. It was hard enough to have strangers constantly coming in and working on Addy, and she never had anything really even hardly invasive, or life threatening. One great aspect of the week was that Addy seemed to really bond with Bradley and I. She was much more cuddly and showed obvious preferences for us. This week was also the first time she would reach out with her hands for us to take her. We did lots of snuggling and hugging. I really don't want to go back to work, I enjoyed being with her all day way to much!

Thanks so much for all the kind words of encouragement from everyone. The thoughts, prayers and visits were so great and made this week a lot easier!

Having her IV taken out

She got to swing for a little while!


No oxygen tube! Yay!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you guys were able to go home! I hope she keeps feeling better and better. Take care.

    ReplyDelete