Pages

Monday, December 29, 2014

Advent Calendar

Every year I do an advent calendar with the girls to help countdown to Christmas. I must confess that I love going and doing, so it is usually jam packed full of every Christmas activity I can find in our area for a good price. This year was most definitely an exception. I had great intentions...and filled the calendar with tons of places to go and things to do. However, I ended up canceling a great majority of the activities for a stay home one instead. I am just so wore out from pregnancy and all the other commitments we have each week. I've become a homebody for sure! :)

We still kicked off December 1st with our tradition we started last year. Bradley and the girls get to go pick out their own tree to decorate with colored lights galore and all our handmade and gifted ornaments! The girls had a blast doing this and they love that its something special with daddy!
 
We attended the Saginaw Tree Lighting this year. It was a fun thing for the girls to watch and for us to see a lot of other Saginaw friends. We didn't stick around to see Santa but we did watch him and Ms. Claus coming riding in on the fire truck!
 
One of the other things we actually attended was the Grapevine parade. This year the weather was so mild and we went with some friends...which made it all the more fun!




 
The girls helped decorate the outside of the house one evening. Addy got to help do the lights last year, but this year our little dare devil wasn't to be left out! Don't worry, she didn't do any real helping, just a trip up to check out the view! More funny was probably me hoisting my pregnant self up the ladder for the picture! :)

 
We made our annual trip to see Santa at Bass Pro again. This is my all time favorite place for Santa pictures! This one was all that I knew it would be! :)


As I mentioned, I canceled a lot of events this year...so we did tons of crafting to make up for it! They make gingerbread men one day. 


 
We made fake snow one night while watching Frosty.


 
We painted plates one day...



 
We made a family of gingerbread houses one night. I must say, it was a good thing Bradley is able to construct these things...I couldn't make it stay!

 
And as usual we follow the lighting of the advent candles each Sunday leading up to Jesus's birth. I love the family time as Bradley reads to us from the Bible and we sit around the flickering candles.

No comments:

Post a Comment