Pages

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Girls Weekend

This past weekend I had the opportunity to hang out with some of my favorite girls! As most of you know there are 5 boys in Bradley's family. Everyone of those 5 boys married an amazing girl! I have found so much friendship in these girls.

Well my Sister in law Jenny and I started the couch to 5K program back in June. We trudged through it together often repeating weeks when one of us would have a bad running week. We set our 5k run up for September 29th, The Graffiti Run in Fort Worth.
(Jenny & I)

 
We soon got our other sil Stephanie on board with us. When it came time to sign up for the race we decided to ask our other two to jump on board! These two especially made big sacrifices. Anna lives 8 hours away and made the trip in just for this and Lindsey is 30 weeks pregnant with her first baby. However, they excitedly joined in!

We all met up at my in-laws house where we ditched our husbands and kids for a glorious 24 hours! There are 9 kids between all of us, so it may have been a bit of chaos!  I was especially nervous about it because I haven't left Elliotte overnight. AND she began refusing the bottle about 2 months ago. Bradley was especially brave and decided to take on the challenge this little girl would bring! She did surprisingly well, and took 3 bottles! She put up a few fights, but nothing her daddy couldn't handle! :)
 
Back to the girls trip, we enjoyed some relaxing shopping after picking up our packets and then headed to Olive Garden for a peaceful dinner where neither of us had to cut up anyone else's food! Then we went to my house, which were our campgrounds for the night, and made our official race day shirts! This is the front.
And the back is our number of the brother we are married to! :)
 
We stayed up late chatting and got back up all too early. Our adrenaline was running and we were ready to take on the race! We had such a wonderful time getting up there and taking way to many silly pictures.


 
 
 
Then we got started! It was a pretty good course and the powder stations were just too much fun! All our training had paid off! Only bummer of the race was that they appartenely only do this for fun and there is no official time. So I don't know exactly what my time was but I found a girl that came in behind me that said she ran right at 30 minutes. That was my time to beat and I successfully did, but I do wish I would have kept my own time!

After the race we, of course, had to take another million fun pictures!

Words cannot express how thankful I am to be a part of such an amazing family! They are so much fun and I am so glad to be raising children with theirs! This has most undoubtedly became an annual event. If we had our way...we'd make it monthly!! :)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment